CAMDEN, NEW JERSEY – The Camden County Bar Foundation’s (CCBF) annual Adopt-a-Family is scheduled for Friday, December 20, 2019 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The event will take place at St. Joseph’s Pro Cathedral School, 2907 Federal Street, Camden, NJ.
The Foundation aims to “adopt” over 100 underprivileged families from Camden by attorneys and law firms from throughout South Jersey. Each family submits information regarding the size of their family, ages and gender of the children and, in some cases, their “wish list”. The attorneys and law firms then shop for their adopted family based on that information. Additionally, enough food is provided for each family to enjoy Christmas dinner.
Attorneys and law firms will drop off the donated items at St. Joseph’s Pro Cathedral School on Friday, December 20 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Shortly thereafter, the families will arrive to pick up their goodies and head home knowing they have a Christmas to provide their family.
The legal profession is about helping people. The Camden County Bar Foundation was created in 1968 to help meet that aspiration. For 50 years, our mission has been to help meet the needs of those less fortunate as well as foster a greater understanding of our legal system. Backed by the volunteer efforts of many dedicated members, this charitable arm of the Camden County Bar Association is helping to strengthen our communities, and our commitment is making a difference.
In addition to sponsoring this annual Adopt-a-Family event, the CCBF annually provides numerous college scholarships as well as sponsors its own community service projects including:
• A Golf Outing to benefit The First Tee of Philadelphia;
• Financial support for New Jersey Veterans Haven of Camden County;
• Annual Lobster Bake to benefit the Larc School in Bellmawr;
• “Adopt-A-Family” program for the holidays to provide gifts and holiday meals to over 100 families in Camden;
• A summer picnic for underprivileged inner-city children;
• Scholarship Awards for an outstanding graduating senior at each Camden County High School;
• Mock Trial competition for high school students;
• School supplies & uniform campaigns for underprivileged children and families;
• Holiday parties & celebrations for children at Camden’s Anna Sample House for abused women and homeless families.